Cobra Kayaks Warranty
Please activate the Cobra warranty to ensure you are covered by our original purchaser warranty (mail in warranty registration card and hold on to your proof of purchase) .
At Kayak Distribution we stand behind our brands, hence our North American 5-year limited warranty. If there is a problem with your kayak or SUP our goal is to solve the issue quickly and efficiently, so you can get back on the water and enjoy the rest of the season.
Kayak Distribution, Inc (Distributor of Riot Kayaks, Riot SUPs, Boreal Design, & Cobra Kayaks) Warranty Agreement
The kayak or SUP you have purchased has met Kayak Distribution Inc.’s quality standards inspection requirements. However, as every product is subject to wear and tear, should you need any technical assistance or replacement parts, BEFORE returning the product we invite you to communicate with your dealer of origin or to consult the brand’s website for most of the information you may require.
This warranty applies only in the United States and Canada. In all other countries, the appointed distributor is solely responsible to administer the warranty according to governing by-laws and corporate policies.
- The warranty agreement is applicable to the original retail consumer only, it is not transferable, nor does it cover any commercial use such as: pro-deals, rentals, educational, training, or those products identified as demo, seconds, blems, institutional or K2. The warranty does not cover products damaged during transport. The determination of exclusion of warranty coverage is at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- The warranty agreement requires that the distributor (Kayak Distribution Inc.) receive the Warranty Registration Form within 30 days from the original date of purchase. For a claim to be processed it MUST be accompanied by the original proof-of-purchase including the model and serial number of the product, relevant photos of the problem area, and the completed claim form (available on the website) describing the issue. Only upon receipt of these completed documents will an authorization number be issued by Kayak Distribution Inc. Please note: no other number or process will be accepted by the distributor.
- The warranty agreement excludes products which have been damaged by negligence, misuse or accident, or deterioration due to owner’s failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance. Products which have been modified or repaired by unauthorized persons, structurally altered in any way (not withstanding sanding, cutting walls and outfit components, drilling holes and altering original hull shape or modifying seat attachment to the hull) or have been subjected to stress beyond the physical limit of the material are also excluded from the warranty agreement. The following are not covered at any time by this warranty: scratches and perforation due to rocks or hard surfaces such as concrete and asphalt; warping (deformation of the hull) caused by extended exposure to the sun or heat, or by having tied the product too tightly or nesting it in an improper position; change in appearance of the product due to wear, over-exposure to sun, heat, or any other environmental condition.
- The warranty agreement excludes all shipping costs to and from the appointed place of repair/replacement. The distributor will not accept merchandise without the distributor’s authorization return number clearly identified on the outer packaging and proof of pre-paid freight in and out of the factory. The distributor reserves the right to return merchandise to its owner, at the owner’s expense (COD) if the above conditions have not been met. The distributor is not responsible for any damages incurred in transport, storing fees, or inconvenience or loss of time/money while the claim is being processed and repairs or restoration are being affected.
- The warranty agreement obliges the distributor only during the period of coverage (begins on the date of the original warranty activation and expires at the end of the original warranty period specified on the warranty registration form) to repair or replace, at its discretion, the defective parts at either its distribution warehouse or through a designated, authorized dealer’s store. The distributor reserves the right to change the product or design without incurring any obligation to incorporate such changes in previously available products.
The warranty registration card and/or form and the present document are the sole and exclusive warranty recognized by the manufacturer and distributor in connection with the purchase and use of one Kayak Distribution’s products. Kayak Distribution Inc. makes no warranties or representations expressed or implied (including warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose) in such connection except as specifically set forth in this warranty. The company is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property sustained as a result of the use of products manufactured by the brand. The user of any product manufactured by the brands acknowledges and assumes any and all risks associated with the use of products and waives any and all claims against the brands, Kayak Distribution Inc., and any of their agents and/or assignees. By filling out and submitting the warranty registration form, the owner of the product acknowledges that he has read and understood the Owner’s Manual and warranty agreement, and that he recognizes that due to the nature of the activity the product is intended for, the brands, Kayak Distribution Inc., and their owners, employees, and associates can not be held liable for any injuries or mishaps sustained in the use of a product manufactured by the brands. All incidental and/or consequential damages are excluded from this warranty agreement. Implied warranties are limited to the life of the warranty (as specified in the warranty registration form). Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights which may vary from state to state.
Kayaks, Riot SUPs, Boreal Design, & Cobra Kayaks products are guaranteed against DEFECTS AND WORKMANSHIP according to the following stipulations so long as the above criteria have been met:
A: Kayak hulls are under warranty to the original owner only for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase from an authorized dealer. The customer is responsible for all shipping to and from Kayak Distribution HQ or an authorized Kayak Distribution dealer.
- Hulls which prove defective within twelve (12) months will be repaired or replaced free of charge at Kayak Distribution’s discretion.
- Hulls which prove defective after twelve (12) months but under twenty-four (24) months will be repaired free of charge. If it cannot be repaired, it will be replaced for 50 % of the current manufacturer’s suggested retail price.
- Hulls which prove defective after twenty-four (24) months but under thirty-six (36) months will be repaired free of charge. If it cannot be repaired it will be replaced for 60 % of the current manufacturer’s suggested retail price.
- Hulls which prove defective after thirty-six (36) months but under forty-eight (48) months will be repaired free of charge. If it cannot be repaired it will be replaced for 70 % of the current manufacturer’s suggested retail price.
- Hulls which prove defective after forty-eight (48) months but under sixty (60) months will be repaired free of charge. If it cannot be repaired it will be replaced for 80 % of the current manufacturer’s suggested retail price.
B: Kayak parts (excluding fins and rudder or skeg blades) are under warranty to the original owner only for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase from an authorized Kayak Distribution dealer.